What a lovely feature from RTE News on the Bosom Pals launch. https://www.facebook.com/rtenews/videos/1831776893517971/
Huge thanks to Marie Cadden for pulling this amazing mix of writers together. Really honoured!
Really chuffed to be joining these writers as part of the Irish Writers Centre XBorders Project: Congrats everyone and really looking forward to our meet ups. It’s lovely to recognize many familiar names!
Fiona O’Rourke, Freya McClements, Donal O’Hagan, Özgecan Kesici, Rachel Andrews, Martin Tyrrell, Charlene Hurtubise Doyle, Csilla Toldy, Reggie Chamberlain-King, Michelle Gallen, Margo Gorman, Tamara O’Connell,
Sean Mackel, Barbara Lovric, Pádraig Ó Meiscill, Nandi Jola, Marie Gethins.
Massive thanks to the Irish Writers Centre. I’m so very honoured to be participating.
XBorders is an exciting new cross-border project bringing emerging writers together to explore and write about borders through fiction or non-fiction. As part of the Irish Writers Centre’s Northern Irish programme, one of the goals of this project is to bring together writers from North and South Ireland to workshop on the theme of borders in both a national and international context.
This process will be facilitated through seminars and workshops with artists, academics and professionals in the field. Ways of seeing and thinking of borders and their potential for art, and in this instance writing, will be explored. On completion of this research period the writers will attend a workshop on the editing process with a view to preparing their work for online publication on the IWC website. Check them out at: https://irishwriterscentre.ie
I’m also honoured to be the recipient of the first ever The Story House Ireland Residency taking place in May 2017. If you’ve not experienced a Story House residential retreat, check them out for the next one. Inspired by the Avron Foundation course it was one of the most amazing writing/creative experiences I had in April 2016. Much thanks to the Galway County Council for the bursary to attend this week in 2016, which still feeds my writing. And huge thanks to The Story House Ireland & Judge Jack Harte for chosing me as the first recipient. And to the donor of the week away in solace and creativity – many, many, many thanks. For more on this amazing group check out: http://www.thestoryhouseireland.org/
- Galway County Council Bursary to attend: “Poetry: The Craft” at The Story House Ireland, April 2016
- 2nd place poetry, 2015 Dromineer Literary Festival
- Longlisted for short story RTE Guide/Penguin Short Story 2015
- Shortlisted From the Well Cork County Council, 2015
- Bursary to attend John Hewitt International Summer School, 2015
- Shortlisted Walking on Thin Ice: Writers Fighting Back Against Stigma And Institutional Power, 2014
- Highly Commended 2014 Francis Ledwidge International Poetry Festival.
- Longlisted 2013 Over The Edge New Writers Award
- 2nd place short story, 2008 Dromineer Literary Festival
- American Cancer Sword of Hope Award
- Third Place Spot News, Times Record, Maine, USA